how
adverb /haʊ/
/haʊ/
Idioms 怎样;如何 - How does it work?
它是如何运作的? - He did not know how he ought to behave.
他不知道自己应该怎样表现。 - I'll show you how to load the software.
我给你演示一下如何安装这套软件。 - ‘Her behaviour was very odd.’ ‘How so?’
“她的举止非常奇怪。” “怎么会这样呢?” - It's funny how (= that) people always remember him.
有趣的是人们总是忘不了他。 - Do you remember how (= that) the kids always loved going there?
你记得孩子们总喜欢去那里吗? - How ever did you get here so quickly?
你这么快来到这儿,究竟是怎么办到的?
- How does it work?
(询问健康状况) - How are you?
你(身体)好吗? - How are you feeling now?
你现在感觉怎么样? - (informal) Hey, how are you doing?
嘿,你好吗?
- How are you?
(询问是否成功或愉快) - How was your trip?
你旅行愉快吗? - How did they play?
他们的比赛表现怎样?
- How was your trip?
(后接形容词或副词)多少,多么,多大 - How often do you go swimming?
你多久去游一次泳? - I didn't know how much to bring.
我不知道该带多少。 - How much are those earrings (= What do they cost)?
那对耳环多少钱? - How many people were there?
有多少人? - How old is she?
她有多大了?
- How often do you go swimming?
(表示惊奇、高兴等) - How kind of you to help!
你来帮忙,真是太好了! - How he wished he had been there!
他多么希望当时自己也在场!
- How kind of you to help!
synonym however以任何方式;无论用什么方法 - I'll dress how I like in my own house!
我在自己家里爱怎么穿就怎么穿!
- I'll dress how I like in my own house!
词源Old English hū, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch hoe, also to who and what.
Idioms
how about…?
- used when asking for information about somebody/something
(询问信息)…怎么样?,…情况如何? - I'm not going. How about you?
我不打算去。你呢?
- I'm not going. How about you?
- used to make a suggestion
(提出建议)…怎么样,…行不行,…好吗 - How about a break?
休息一下好吗? - How about going for a meal?
去吃饭好不好? - (especially North American English) How about we go for a meal?
我们去吃饭好不好?
- How about a break?
how can/could you!
- (informal) used to show that you think somebody’s behaviour is very bad or are very surprised by it
(表示很不赞同或吃惊)你怎么能 - Ben! How could you? After all they've done for us!
本!他们为我们做了这么多,你怎么能这样! - Ugh! How can you eat that stuff?
啊!你怎么吃得下那种东西?
- Ben! How could you? After all they've done for us!
how come (…)? (informal)
- used to say you do not understand how something can happen and would like an explanation
(用以表示不理解情况是如何发生的,希望得到解释)怎么回事,怎么发生的,怎样解释 - ‘I think you owe me some money.’ ‘How come?’
“你好像欠我钱。” “怎么会呢?” - If she spent five years in Paris, how come her French is so bad?
既然她在巴黎待了五年,她的法语怎么还会这样糟糕?
- ‘I think you owe me some money.’ ‘How come?’
how do you do
- (old-fashioned) used as a formal greeting when you meet somebody for the first time. The usual reply is also How do you do?
(首次见面时的问候语。通常的回答也是 How do you do?)你好
how’s that? (informal)
- used to ask the reason for something
为什么;怎么会 - ‘I left work early today.’ ‘How's that (= Why)?’
“我今天提前下班了。” “为什么?”
- ‘I left work early today.’ ‘How's that (= Why)?’
- used when asking somebody’s opinion of something
(你认为)怎么样,如何 - I'll tuck your sheets in for you. How's that? Comfortable?
我给你把被单掖好吧。怎么样?舒服吗? - Two o'clock on the dot! How's that for punctuality!
两点整!够守时吧!
- I'll tuck your sheets in for you. How's that? Comfortable?