bother
verb /ˈbɒðə(r)/
/ˈbɑːðər/
动词形式
Idioms present simple I / you / we / they bother | /ˈbɒðə(r)/ /ˈbɑːðər/ |
he / she / it bothers | /ˈbɒðəz/ /ˈbɑːðərz/ |
past simple bothered | /ˈbɒðəd/ /ˈbɑːðərd/ |
past participle bothered | /ˈbɒðəd/ /ˈbɑːðərd/ |
-ing form bothering | /ˈbɒðərɪŋ/ /ˈbɑːðərɪŋ/ |
) to spend time and/or energy doing something常用于否定句和疑问句 花费时间精力(做某事) - ‘Shall I wait?’ ‘No, don't bother’.
“要我等一下吗?” “不,别费事了。” - I don't know why I bother! Nobody ever listens!
我不知道我干吗要浪费时间!根本没人听! - If that’s all the thanks I get, I won’t bother in future!
如果这就是我得到的全部感谢,我以后就不打扰了! - bother with/about something It's not worth bothering with (= using) an umbrella—the car's just outside.
不必打伞,汽车就停在外面。 - I don't know why you bother with that crowd (= why you spend time with them).
我弄不懂你为什么和那伙人浪费时间。 - He doesn’t bother much about his appearance.
他不太在意自己的外表。 - bother to do something He didn't even bother to let me know he was coming.
他甚至连通知都没通知我他要来。 - He hadn't even bothered to read the crucial documents.
他甚至懒得看这些重要文件。 - Doctors never bothered to check his blood pressure.
医生从不费心检查他的血压。 - bother doing something Why bother asking if you're not really interested?
如果你不是真的感兴趣,干吗费口舌打听呢? - I didn't bother trying to explain my feelings.
我懒得解释我的感受。
- ‘Shall I wait?’ ‘No, don't bother’.
使(某人)烦恼(或担忧、不安);给(某人)造成麻烦(或痛苦) - bother somebody The thing that bothers me is…
让我感到不安的是… - That sprained ankle is still bothering her (= hurting).
她那扭伤的脚踝还在隐隐作痛。 - She has been bothered by a leg injury.
她一直为腿伤所困扰。 - ‘I'm sorry he was so rude to you.’ ‘It doesn't bother me.’
“对不起,他对你太没礼貌。” “没关系。” - bother somebody with something I don't want to bother her with my problems at the moment.
我此刻不想让她为我的事操心。 - bother somebody that… Does it bother you that she earns more than you?
她比你挣的钱多,你是不是觉得不自在? - it bothers somebody to do something It bothers me to think of her alone in that big house.
想到她孤零零地待在那所大房子里,我便坐立不安。
- bother somebody The thing that bothers me is…
打扰;搭话烦扰 - bother somebody Stop bothering me when I'm working.
我工作时别来烦我。 - Let me know if he bothers you again.
他要是再搅扰你,就告诉我。 - Sorry to bother you, but there's a call for you on line two.
很抱歉打扰你一下,二号线有你的电话。 - Please stop bothering me with all these questions!
请别拿这么多问题来烦我!
- bother somebody Stop bothering me when I'm working.
词源late 17th cent. (as a noun in the dialect sense ‘noise, chatter’): of Anglo-Irish origin; probably related to Irish bodhaire ‘noise’, bodhraim ‘deafen, annoy’. The verb (originally dialect) meant ‘confuse with noise’ in the early 18th cent.
Idioms
be bothered (about somebody/something)
- (especially British English, informal) to think that somebody/something is important
认为(某人或某事)重要;关心(某人或某事) - I'm not bothered about what he thinks.
我不在乎他怎么想。 - ‘Where shall we eat?’ ‘I'm not bothered.’ (= I don't mind where we go.)
“我们去哪里吃饭?” “随便。”
- I'm not bothered about what he thinks.
can’t be bothered (to do something)
- used to say that you do not want to spend time and/or energy doing something
(表示不想花时间精力做某事) - I should really do some work this weekend but I can't be bothered.
我这个周末真该做点事了,可我懒得做。 - All this has happened because you couldn't be bothered to give me the message.
就是因为你嫌麻烦没通知我,才出了这事。
- I should really do some work this weekend but I can't be bothered.
(all) hot and bothered
- (informal) in a state of worry or stress because you are under too much pressure, have a problem, are trying to hurry, etc.
(因压力过大、有难题、时间紧迫等)焦灼不安,心慌意乱
not bother yourself/your head with/about something
- (especially British English) to not spend time/effort on something, because it is not important or you are not interested in it
不为某事花费时间(或精力);不操心